By John Marincola
- Comprises a chain of innovative articles written by means of known scholars
- Presents vast, chronological remedies of vital matters within the writing of background and antiquity
- These are complemented by means of chapters on person genres and sub-genres from the 5th century B.C.E. to the fourth century C.E.
- Provides a chain of interpretative readings at the person historians
- Contains essays at the neighbouring genres of tragedy, biography, and epic, between others, and their courting to history
Read or Download A Companion to Greek and Roman Historiography (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best historical studies books
Ibn Khalduns Einführung in seine Universalgeschichte gehört zu den bahnbrechenden Werken der Geschichtswissenschaft. Der Jurist und Gelehrte Ibn Khaldun (1332–1406) diente mehreren Herrschern als Wesir, Gesandter oder Richter – immer auf der Suche nach einer gerechten und weisen Herrschaft. Seine Biografie, die ihn in den Kerker, in höchste Ämter und ins Exil führte, liest sich stellenweise wie ein Abenteuerroman.
This unique historiographical ebook, “Mulattoes within the Postbellum South and past: The Invisible Legacy of an Afro-European humans, customized, and sophistication in America’s Binary and Three-Tier Societies,” places Carlton Dubois McClain’s ancestral pedigree into standpoint in the context of the historic situations correct to these quite a few unions that happened among Africans, Europeans, and local american citizens in his lineage.
Doing Oral background is taken into account the optimal guidebook to oral background, utilized by specialist oral historians, public historians, archivists, and genealogists as a center textual content in collage classes and in the course of the public historical past group. during the last a long time, the improvement of electronic audio and video recording know-how has persisted to change the perform of oral background, making it even more uncomplicated to provide caliber recordings and to disseminate them on the net.
'Barbarism and faith' - Edward Gibbon's personal word - is the identify of an acclaimed series of works by way of John Pocock designed to situate Gibbon, and his Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, in a chain of contexts within the background of eighteenth-century Europe. it is a significant intervention from one of many world's major historians of principles, not easy the idea of anyone 'Enlightenment' and positing as a substitute a plurality of enlightenments, of which the English was once one.
- Places of Memory: The Case of the House of the Wannsee Conference
- The Oxford Handbook of Oral History (Oxford Handbooks)
- Telling, Turning Moments in the Classical Political World
- Fernando de Alva Ixtlilxochitl and His Legacy
Extra resources for A Companion to Greek and Roman Historiography (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek and Roman Historiography (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by John Marincola